Tellabs Board Of Directors Names Vincent H. Tobkin Chairman Of The Board
NAPERVILLE, Ill., May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Tellabs Board of Directors has elected Vincent H. Tobkin as chairman of the Board of Directors of Tellabs. He succeeds Michael J. Birck, Tellabs' co-founder and chairman, who retired effective as of the end of the Annual Stockholder Meeting today.
Tobkin has served as a Tellabs director since 2010. He was a senior advisor, retired director and global telecom/technology practice leader of Bain & Company from 1992 to 2009, general partner and founder of Sierra Ventures from 1984 to 1992, and a partner and consultant with McKinsey and Company from 1976 to 1984. A photo of Tobkin is available here.
At the Tellabs Annual Stockholder Meeting, stockholders elected Class III directors Alex Mashinsky, Gregory J. Rossmann, Vincent H. Tobkin and Mikel H. Williams to serve as Tellabs directors through 2016. Mashinsky is a new Tellabs director. Biographies of Tellabs directors are available here.
A proposal to declassify the Tellabs Board did not gain sufficient votes to pass.Stockholders:
- Approved, on an advisory basis, Tellabs' named executive officer compensation.
- Reapproved performance criteria for compensation under Tellabs' Amended & Restated 2004 Incentive Compensation Plan.
- Ratified Ernst & Young as Tellabs' independent auditor for 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV