VENICE, Fla., May 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PGT, Inc. (Nasdaq:PGTI), the leading U.S. manufacturer and supplier of residential impact-resistant windows and doors, announces financial results for its first quarter ended March 30, 2013.
"In the first quarter of 2013, sales grew to $49.6 million, which is 30.1% over prior year. Improved market conditions during the quarter, and sales and marketing programs focused on our WinGuard products, drove this dramatic increase in top-line sales," said PGT's President and Chief Executive Officer, Rod Hershberger.
Mr. Hershberger continued, "During the quarter, impact sales grew 39% over prior year and represented 77% of total sales, compared to 72% a year ago. In addition, sales of non-impact products grew 8%. The increase in sales, and the gain recorded on the Salisbury, NC facility of $2.0 million after tax, resulted in an increase in net income to $5.3 million compared to a loss of $0.7 million a year ago. The improvement in financial performance is the result of the hard work and dedication of our employees, including the 159 new employees who have joined us since the first of the year, to satisfy the growing demand for our product, and to deliver on our value proposition."Our financial highlights for the first quarter ended March 30, 2013, compared to the same period last year, include:
- Net sales of $49.6 million, an increase of $11.5 million, or 30.1%;
- Gross margin of 35.4%, an increase of 4.1% of sales;
- Net income of $5.3 million compared to a net loss of $0.7 million;
- Net income per diluted share of $0.09 compared to a net loss per diluted share of $0.01;
- EBITDA of $9.4 million compared to $3.3 million; and
- Net Income, Net Income per diluted share, and EBITDA, after adjusting for the gain on the sale of the Salisbury facility, and related tax impact, were $3.2 million, $0.06 per share, and $7.2 million, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV