This article originally appeared on April 30, 2013 on Real Money.
What does Pat Doyle have to do to get people to understand that Domino's Pizza (DPZ) is a growth company? While everyone is out shooting and clubbing each other over every tick of Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD), every data point of Starbucks (SBUX), or every monthly same store sales number from McDonald's (MCD), Domino's just consistently, yes, delivers.
It has been putting up amazing numbers for four years now. It's growing at a faster pace internationally than any of the majors, including Starbucks. It has plans to double the number of stores in Europe and can add a huge number in Asia and because it is a franchise model they make a ton of money every time someone opens a shop.
The only constraint on the stock is if there is enough credit for people to open stores -- there isn't right now, at least in this country.Here's a company that paid a special $3 dividend 13 months ago and has enough money on hand to do it again and have plenty of cushion with the ratings agencies. It can boost its regular dividend. It can buy back a ton of stock. And yet it is only a $3 billion company. That makes no sense to me. Seems to make no sense to anyone else, either, because once again, it beat and raised big and I sense that even as analysts quibble that its earnings may have been inflated by a calendar change, it's the international growth that matters, and if anything, that's just scratching the surface. Domino's, even at 23 times earnings represent value because it's the market capitalization that needs to change; it's just too small versus the opportunity. One day it won't be, but it certainly won't be at this level. It will be higher. Maybe much higher. At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, has no positions in the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV