This article originally appeared on April 30, 2013 on Real Money. To read more content like this + see inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar portfolio for FREE. Click Here NOW.
Sometimes it just breaks the bulls' way. This morning I got to witness Robert Downey Jr. ring the opening bell. It got me thinking that Disney (DIS) has become a true juggernaut by being the best at what it does: entertain. Think about it. The numbers for Iron Man 3 in Europe are no accident. This is a film that everyone wants to see.
I think the combination of the quality of the film and the success of The Avengers, which gave it a real boost, is driving huge intent here. This also bodes well for the rest of the schedule: Thor, Captain America and, of course, Avengers 2, which comes out the same summer as Star Wars 7 in 2015. And to think that Disney actually sold down when Bob Iger paid $4 billion for the rights to Star Wars and the rest of LucasFilms.
Plus, people are still paying up for ESPN, the most viable programming out there -- just look at the success of the NFL draft coverage -- and the theme parks are doing amazingly well.This is what happens in a bull market. Things break the bulls' way, including a darned movie. Bull markets have execution risks, but when the executioners are like the folks at Disney, somehow it all comes together, and the stock analysts who downgraded Disney on the last report and on the LucasFilms purchase and those who listened to them just never get a chance to get back on. At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, has no positions in the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV