CHICAGO, May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Envestnet Inc. (NYSE: ENV), a leading provider of unified wealth management technology and services to investment advisors, recognized managers today who have done exemplary work on behalf of their clients, announcing the winners of the 2013 Separately Managed Account (SMA) Managers of the Year Awards with Investment Advisor magazine at "The 2013 Envestnet Advisor Summit: A New Perspective," which runs May 1-3, 2013 at the Hyatt Regency in Chicago.
Now in their ninth year, the SMA Awards were established by Prima Capital and Investment Advisor to honor best-in-class SMA managers. Prima Capital, a provider of investment manager due diligence, research applications, asset allocation modeling and multi-manager portfolios to the wealth management and retirement industries, was acquired by Envestnet in April 2012 and has aligned its services as Prima Premium Research under Envestnet |PMC, Envestnet's Portfolio Management Consultants group. This year marked the first time the sponsors presented an overall SMA Manager of the Year Award.
"Each of these candidates has undergone a rigorous due diligence review, and emerged as a superior money manager in everything from performance to investment process and style," said J. Gibson "Gib" Watson, III, CIMA ®, Vice Chairman, Envestnet. "We congratulate the winners and hope this recognition will play a role in empowering SMA managers to meet the highest quality standard of service for their clients."
In order to qualify for consideration as an SMA Manager of the Year, a strategy must report to the PrimaGuide research application, contain at least $200 million in assets and have management with tenure of at least three years.The 2013 SMA Award winners are:
- Large Cap Equity Awards: Wedgewood Partners, Inc. - Large Cap Focused Growth, Robeco Boston Partners - Large Cap Value Equity
- Mid Cap Equity Award: EARNEST Partners - Mid Cap Core
- Small to Mid Cap Equity Award: GW&K Investment Management - Small/Mid Cap Equity Strategy
- International Equity Award: Thomas White International, Ltd. - International ADR
- Fixed Income Award: GW&K Investment Management - Enhanced Core Bond Strategy
- Manager of the Year: Wedgewood Partners, Inc. - Large Cap Focused Growth
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV