REDWOOD CITY, Calif., May 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Support.com, Inc. (Nasdaq:SPRT), a leading provider of cloud-based technology services and software that create new revenue streams and improve customer experience, today reported unaudited financial results for its first quarter ended March 31, 2013.
Q1 2013 Financial Summary
For the first quarter of 2013, total revenue was $20.2 million compared to $17.6 million in the first quarter of 2012 and $18.9 million in the fourth quarter of 2012.On a GAAP basis, income from continuing operations for the first quarter of 2013 was $1.9 million, or $0.04 per share, compared to a loss of $4.4 million, or $(0.09) per share, in the first quarter of 2012 and income of $1.2 million, or $0.02 per share, in the fourth quarter of 2012. On a non-GAAP basis, income from continuing operations for the first quarter of 2013 was $3.1 million or $0.06 per share, compared to a loss of $2.9 million, or $(0.06) per share, in the first quarter of 2012 and income of $2.9 million or $0.06 per share, in the fourth quarter of 2012. Non-GAAP results exclude stock-based compensation expense, amortization of intangible assets and other, restructuring and impairment charges, acquisition expense, other non-recurring items and tax expense associated with acquired goodwill. These items impacted results from continuing operations by $1.2 million in the first quarter of 2013, $1.5 million in the first quarter of 2012 and $1.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2012. A reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP results is presented in the tables below. "Q1 represented a strong start to the year, with growth in services and software, impressive margin performance and strong cash flow," said Josh Pickus, President and CEO. "We're excited about the rich pipeline we've developed and look forward to extending our market leadership as the year progresses."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV