Unemployment Rates Fall In 90 Pct. Of US Cities
They were followed by Lubbock, Texas; Lake Charles, La.; and Lawrence, Kan.
The lowest unemployment rate was in Midland, Texas, at 3.1 percent. Midland displaced Bismarck, N.D., which has frequently boasted the lowest rate in the nation, largely because of the oil and gas drilling boom in that state. Bismarck's rate was 3.6 percent.
Yuma, Ariz., and El Centro, Calif., had the highest unemployment rates, at 26 percent and 23.7 percent, respectively. The two areas are adjacent and include a large number of migrant farm workers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV