DODGEVILLE, Wis., May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Three simple letters can mean so much: M – O – M. On Sunday, May 12, millions will be celebrating their mom with gifts and festivities. In preparation for this Mother's Day, Lands' End today released the results of its 2013 Mother's Day survey with surprising findings of odd gifts given and received as well as shopping habits, family celebrations and more.
The survey showed that the week leading up to Mother's Day is prime shopping time (63 percent) with the majority of respondents indicating they spend between $25 and $50 (40 percent). For all those searching for the perfect Mother's Day gift, Lands' End is the one-stop shop. Sara Dennis, senior vice president of design, Lands' End, offers suggestions and advice for any budget."Our moms, sisters and grandmothers hold such a special place in our hearts. At Lands' End, we know each is unique. That's why we've developed a collection of gifts based on a variety of personalities," said Dennis. "Whether she loves gardening or gadgets, we have great gifts that moms will cherish all year-round." Some of the strangest gifts moms have ever received or given according to the survey include a weed eater, a Betta fish, a new faucet, anti-aging cream and a diamond pig pendant. To avoid these gifting faux pas, Dennis suggests the following:
- For the New Mom: The Mother's Day Survey revealed that the number one skill most people think it takes to be a great mom in today's world is multi-tasking (56 percent). For busy new moms, consider gifts that will make life easy! Think of easy dressing items such as the Slub French Terry Tie Shoulder Maxi Dress ($69). You also can't go wrong with the Gatas Skimmer Shoes ($54). They're adorable and easy to slip on.
- Beach Mom: The survey indicated that just over 30 percent of respondents think most moms would simply like to be acknowledged for Mother's Day . Thank Mom by remembering her favorite pastime. For the mom who loves the beach, consider the Novelty Canvas Open Top Tote ($35). Personalize it with a monogram for just $6. To keep the sun off her face, the Natural Braid Raffia Big Rim Hat ($39) does the job beautifully. To protect her e-reader from the sand with style, consider the Needlepoint Nook/Kindle case ($39.50), available in Coral Geo or Turquoise Seagull.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts