Kaleidescape Launches World's First Online Store For Downloading Blu-ray™ Quality Movies And TV Shows
SUNNYVALE, Calif., May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Kaleidescape, Inc. today announced the debut of the world's first Internet delivery of Blu-ray quality movies. Now Kaleidescape owners can easily download movies from the Kaleidescape Store with audio and video quality equal to Blu-ray Disc™ and enjoy hours of special features and bonus content.
The Kaleidescape Store is fully integrated with UltraViolet, the home entertainment industry standard for movies in the cloud. Once a movie is purchased through the Kaleidescape Store, that title can be automatically added to the customer's UltraViolet account, and then viewed through any participating UltraViolet retailer service, including Flixster. Kaleidescape customers can seamlessly access their UltraViolet movies through the Flixster app. With tens of millions of downloads to date, Flixster is one of the most popular online destinations for discovering and accessing entertainment, and UltraViolet playback is compatible with hundreds of millions of tablets, smartphones, game consoles and connected televisions and Blu-ray players, as well as with PCs and Macs.
A beta version of the Kaleidescape Store opened in December 2012 with content from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, enabling the download of movies and TV shows in DVD quality. In addition to providing the latest new releases, the Kaleidescape Store provides a powerful discovery platform, helping customers discover great films for their libraries, regardless of release date. In addition to an innovative "complete my collection" feature, the service also provides movie recommendations from noted film critic Leonard Maltin.
"The new Kaleidescape Store makes it easy for our customers to discover, purchase and enjoy great movies over the Internet without compromise," said Michael Malcolm, founder, chairman and CEO of Kaleidescape. "People want to own the movies they love for viewing for years to come in the best quality possible, and this is the first service to enable such content to be delivered electronically. We already have seen a great response to the Warner Bros. library during the beta launch of the Kaleidescape Store, and we are looking forward to providing customers with these new capabilities.""Flixster is thrilled to be providing Kaleidescape customers with an easy way to enjoy their UltraViolet movies on mobile devices," said Joe Greenstein, Co-founder & CEO Flixster, Inc. "Customers can stream titles on a wide variety of tablets and phones – or download them for viewing later in the car or on a plane. This is very helpful for parents who travel with children." The Kaleidescape Store brings the highest standard of content into the home with just a click of a button. Movie lovers will now enjoy:
- Blu-ray quality content with video resolution up to 1080p/24 and Dolby TrueHD and DTS‑HD Master Audio lossless soundtracks;
- Easy upgrade of DVD quality content to Blu-ray quality content for just $6.99;
- Automatic UltraViolet rights for both new purchases and titles acquired during the beta period, with mobile playback from the Flixster app and website;
- Bonus features including director's commentary, alternate endings, deleted scenes and documentaries;
- Clear indication of titles the customer already owns on DVD or Blu-ray disc while shopping;
- Easy purchase of related titles with the unique Buy all button;
- A single manageable library for viewing their entire collection of existing Blu-ray discs, DVDs and newly downloaded titles;
- Rotten Tomatoes® movie ratings and reviews included for each title while shopping.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts