1. As of noon trading, Equity Residential ( EQR) is down $1.15 (-2.0%) to $56.91 on average volume Thus far, 988,717 shares of Equity Residential exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $56.76-$58.51 after having opened the day at $58.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.06. Equity Residential, a real estate investment trust (REIT), engages in the acquisition, development, and management of multifamily properties in the United States. Equity Residential has a market cap of $20.6 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 62.2, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 2.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Equity Residential as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and weak operating cash flow. Get the full Equity Residential Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the real estate industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Real Estate ( IYR) while those bearish on the real estate industry could consider ProShares Short Real Estate Fund ( REK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts