2. As of noon trading, Altria Group ( MO) is up $0.19 (0.51) to $36.70 on average volume Thus far, 4.7 million shares of Altria Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $36.48-$36.90 after having opened the day at $36.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.51. Altria Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smokeless products, and wine in the United States and internationally. Altria Group has a market cap of $73.5 billion and is part of the tobacco industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.9, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 16.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Altria Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Altria Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, impressive record of earnings per share growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Altria Group Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts