AUCKLAND, New Zealand, May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Kiwi consumers are set to benefit from the arrival of a rapidly growing online review site which will help shoppers identify the most popular New Zealand businesses.
Yelp Inc. (NYSE: YELP), a local business guide and review site with social networking services, launched in the USA in 2004 and is now in 21 countries, uses 12 languages and had more than 100 million monthly unique visitors in January of this year*.
Kiwi consumers can now take advantage of the new online forum at www.yelp.co.nz where they can review and share their experiences in their communities and search for anything from a place to eat to the closest medical centre or children's toy shop.Vice President of New Markets Miriam Warren says the company employs local residents in new countries as community managers to support Yelp's growth and help consumers have a voice. Warren says culturally-rich New Zealand is home to a colourful range of experiences and she is excited to watch as Kiwis make Yelp their very own local guide. "We're looking forward to reading the chorus of opinions about where to find the best fish and chips, watch the rugby live on-screen at local bars, and try the nation's globally celebrated wines. We're excited to bring Yelp to New Zealand to connect consumers with great local businesses," she says. Continuing on San Francisco-based Yelp's international growth strategy, the launch completes the company's inclusion of Australasia, following its introduction in Australia in 2011. NZ is the 21 st country to have access to Yelp, and joins the UK and many European countries, she says. Since the company's launch in 2004, it has seen 36 million reviews posted to its site, says Warren.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV