DALLAS, May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cambium Learning ® Group ( ABCD), a leading educational solutions and services company providing evidence-based support to help all students reach their full potential, announced today that five of its learning solutions have been honored by The ComputED Gazette. Kurzweil 3000 ®- firefly , ExploreLearning Gizmos ®, ExploreLearning Reflex ® , and Learning A-Z's ReadingA-Z.com and ScienceA-Z.com were named winners in the 19th Annual Best Educational Software (BESSIE) Awards, which recognize the most innovative and effective content-rich learning products—including websites and apps for iPad and Android.
Chosen from titles submitted by publishers worldwide, the winning products provide parents and teachers with high-impact technology tools that foster educational excellence and student accomplishment."We are thrilled that The ComputED Gazette has recognized our outstanding online and software products as part of its annual BESSIE Awards," said John Campbell, chief executive officer of Cambium Learning Group, Inc. "And we are proud to join the other distinguished products that play a pivotal role in creating solutions to significantly enhance teacher effectiveness and student achievement across the globe." The following Cambium Learning Group solutions received 2013 BESSIE awards:
- Kurzweil 3000 - firefly: Reading, writing, and study skills software for English language learners and students with learning disabilities such as dyslexia
- ExploreLearning Reflex: Game-based system helping students develop fluency with basic math facts
- ExploreLearning Gizmos: More than 450 interactive online simulations for math and science education in grades 3-12
- Learning A-Z ReadingA-Z.com: A website for K-6 teachers delivering thousands of printable and projectable books and instructional resources, spanning 27 levels
- Learning A-Z ScienceA-Z.com: Delivers K-6 science curriculum resources across 60+ units, all written to three reading levels