LAUREL, Md., May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless has activated a new cluster of fourth generation (4G) Long Term Evolution (LTE) network cell sites in four counties in southwest Virginia –Appomattox, Campbell, Halifax and Pittsylvania. This new cluster of 4G LTE sites extend the company's network footprint on Route 460 East of Lynchburg into Appomattox County and provides coverage along Routes 501 North and South through Campbell and Halifax Counties, and along Route 40 east and west towards Pittsylvania County.
Verizon Wireless customers in the following areas are now able to use their 4G LTE-enabled devices to surf the Web, post status updates and photos, share music, and download files at speeds up to 10 times faster than customers on 3G networks:
- Route 460 from Dinwiddie to Blackstone to Crewe
- Route 49 from Victoria and Chase City
- Along I-85 from McKinney through South Hill to the North Carolina state line
- Route 58 from Emporia to Clarksville.
"4G LTE is changing the way customers interact with the world via next generation apps, devices and solutions," said Mike Maiorana, Regional President. "By investing in mobile broadband, we're investing in local communities and economies where our customers live, work and travel."
Already the largest commercial 4G LTE network in the nation, the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network is now available in more than 491 markets, reaching 287 million people and covering more than 95 percent of Verizon Wireless' 3G network footprint. In 2013, the Verizon 4G LTE footprint will completely cover the area served today by the company's 3G network.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV