Crosstex Energy (NASDAQ: XTEX) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.30%. Crosstex Energy, L.P. operates as an independent midstream energy company. The average volume for Crosstex Energy has been 550,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Crosstex Energy has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 23.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Crosstex Energy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- CROSSTEX ENERGY LP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CROSSTEX ENERGY LP reported poor results of -$1.01 versus -$0.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.62 versus -$1.01).
- The gross profit margin for CROSSTEX ENERGY LP is currently extremely low, coming in at 12.70%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -4.66% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $59.32 million or 0.62% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, CROSSTEX ENERGY LP has marginally lower results.
- You can view the full Crosstex Energy Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts