NORWALK, Conn., May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Word is spreading about priceline.com's (Nasdaq: PCLN) popular Express Deals(sm) – a different hotel booking option for guests who want that juicy priceline.com discount, but without the bidding. Today, priceline.com announced its Ready. Set. Summer Sale!, where Express Deals hotels are available for up to half off normal published rates. This limited-time sale applies to hotels in all star categories, even the most luxurious 4- and 5-star hotels, with no length of stay requirement. The sale runs through June 3 rd and all stays must be completed by June 23, 2013.
In addition to the savings, Express Deals customers can choose from hotel offers that include specific amenities like a pool, on-site gym, free breakfast, free Internet, even a particular bed type (like two doubles instead of one king). Priceline.com's Express Deals typically save customers up to 45%. During the sale period, customers who enter the coupon code READYSET5 when they book their Express Deals will receive an extra 5% savings on top of the pre-negotiated discount. The extra savings coupon code applies to all destinations where hotels are participating and all star levels. It also applies to all dates from now through June 23 rd, including holidays.
Express Deals and the extra savings READYSET5 coupon code are being offered through priceline.com's website www.priceline.com and through the Priceline app for iOS and Android phones. The app can be downloaded from free from the iTunes store http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/priceline-hotel-car-negotiator/id336381998?mt=8&uo=4 or Android market https://market.android.com/details?id=com.priceline.android.negotiator.
Express Deals is the speedy way to get a great deal from thousands of hotels around the globe without having to bid. Customers view a page that includes amenities (pool, gym, on-site restaurant, available bed types), special freebies (free breakfast, free Internet, free parking, etc.), star level, neighborhood, guest satisfaction scores on a 1-10 scale, and a special sale price. Many of the hotels are pet friendly. After booking at the discounted price, the name of the specific hotel is revealed. Express Deals is covered by priceline.com's Big Deal Guarantee. If a customer books an Express Deals hotel reservation and finds a better price any time up until the day before check-in, priceline.com will match that price and give the customer $25.*Here are some examples of Express Deals that were shopped on May 1 for a June 14-17 long weekend. Prices, amenities and availability can change at any time.
- Miami . 4-star hotel in the Coral Gables/ Coconut Grove area. $97 a night for 1 bed or $128 a night for 2 beds (savings of 45% or more). Amenities include a pool, on-site restaurant and fitness center. The hotel is pet friendly.
- Orlando . 4-star hotel in the Sea World/International Drive/Convention Center area. $73 a night for 1 or 2 beds (savings of 60% or more). This hotel is a guest favorite, with a 9 out of 10 overall satisfaction score.
- New York City . 5-star hotel in the Times Square Theater District area. $362 a night (savings of 45% or more). Amenities include free Internet, a pool, an on-site restaurant and fitness center. The hotel is pet-friendly and it scores 9 out of 10 in overall guest satisfaction.
- Orange County . 2.5-star hotel in the Laguna Beach area. $145 a night (savings of 45% or more). This hotel is a guest favorite and has an 8 out of 10 satisfaction score.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts