- Upfront and advance payments, totaling $15 million to the City of Springfield during the construction phase including pre-payment of taxes for general city purposes as well as:
- $2.5 million to purchase equipment and to provide training for police, firefighters and emergency medical services personnel.
- $1 million to redevelop Riverfront Park.
- More than $25 million in annual payments once a proposed casino has opened for business. This includes tax payments as well as:
- $2.5 million to fund operating and other costs for police, firefighters, emergency medical services and education.
- $2.5 million for a Community Development Fund to be administered by the city to support early childhood education, higher education, libraries, health initiatives, and the betterment of the city and its residents.
- MGM Springfield will use its best effort to ensure that at least $50 million of its annual biddable goods and services will be prioritized for local procurement.
- Hiring preference given to Springfield residents with a total of 3,000 permanent jobs and 2,000 construction jobs.
- Commitments to local educational institutions for training and workforce development, as well as programs to assist, minority, disabled and the chronically unemployed and underemployed.
- MGM will underwrite, co-promote, book and schedule 12 entertainment events per year and spread them across MassMutual Center and Arena, Symphony Hall and City Stage.
- MGM will fund all traffic improvements described in its traffic study and in accordance with the Massachusetts Department of Transportation.
MGM Resorts And Mayor Sarno Sign Host Community Agreement, Transmittal Letter
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.