- The technology inside old refrigerators and freezers is often so outdated it requires three times more electricity to operate compared to newer models.
- Unplugging and properly recycling old refrigerators and freezers can save up to $150 annually on a customer's energy bill.
- A 20-year-old refrigerator or freezer consumes up to 1,400 kilowatt-hours (kWh) annually; a new refrigerator or freezer consumes between 400-500 kWh annually.
- The avoidance of carbon dioxide emissions as a result of recycling 25,000 refrigerators is equal to removing 50,000 cars from the road for a year.
Duke Energy Touts Benefits Of Appliance Recycling
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.