PASCAGOULA, Miss., May 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Huntington Ingalls Industries (NYSE:HII) announced today that the U.S. Coast Guard has awarded a $487 million, fixed-price-incentive-fee contract to its Ingalls Shipbuilding division to build the sixth National Security Cutter, Munro (WMSL 755).
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://media.globenewswire.com/hii/mediagallery.html?pkgid=18436
"Our Coast Guard customer continues to be extremely pleased with the performance of the NSC, and this contract proves that," said Jim French, Ingalls' NSC program manager. "Our shipbuilders continue to execute well on this contract, and the design/build plan is at a mature stage. We currently have two more ships under construction and expect to start NSC 6 in October."NSCs, the flagships of the Coast Guard's cutter fleet, were designed to replace the 378‐foot Hamilton-class high-endurance cutters, which entered service during the 1960s. Ingalls has delivered the first three. The fourth, Hamilton (WMSL 753), currently at 40 percent complete, is scheduled to launch this summer and will be christened in October. Keel-laying for the fifth NSC, James (WMSL 754), is set for May 17. The ship is currently 17 percent complete and will launch in the spring of 2014. A long-lead material contract for Munro was awarded in 2012, and all associated equipment has been ordered. Ingalls builds, integrates and tests the NSC hull, mechanical and electrical (HME) systems, while Lockheed Martin provides the command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities onboard the cutters.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV