Arnall Golden Gregory Selected For National Law Journal's Prestigious 2013 'Midsize Hot List'
ATLANTA, May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Arnall Golden Gregory's success in helping clients navigate the choppy waters of globalization and increased regulation -- and prosper -- has earned it a place on The National Law Journal's 2013 Midsize Hot List. Only 20 law firms nationwide are selected for that honor.
As the NLJ article indicates, Arnall Golden Gregory has excelled in adapting its services to changing market forces, specifically, the movement of information, goods and people around the world and the increase in complex regulations and laws. Together those forces present both greater opportunities and greater risks for growing companies that are resource constrained.In answering those challenges, AGG has added offices, practices and experienced attorneys to provide big-firm services for growing companies without the big-firm cost and complexity. The result is exceptional client value. Since 2011, the Atlanta-based firm has opened offices in Washington and Miami, and beefed up key practices, including Privacy and Consumer Regulatory (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau consulting), Government Investigations and White Collar Crime, Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation ( Affordable Care Act counsel), Immigration and Global Migration, Global Logistics and Transportation, International Business ( Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and Export Controls counsel), International Arbitration, Food and Drug, and Economic Development. By expanding its practices AGG also expanded its capabilities to serve key industries, such as Healthcare, Banking and Finance (including financial transaction processors), and Logistics (including third party logistics providers). "The firms we've selected for our Midsize Hot List are led by forward-thinking attorneys who are guiding their organizations in new practice directions, amassing more business in mainstay practices and spreading into new regions," explained National Law Journal Associate Editor Leigh Jones. "We are grateful for The National Law Journal recognition because it affirms that clients are best served by attorneys who are both smart and nimble, helping them stay one step ahead of the most relevant issues of the day," said Arnall Golden Gregory Managing Partner Glenn Hendrix. "Investing in offices, practices and people to help businesses grow aligns with our core belief that providing great value is the foundation of a long-term relationship." The brief NLJ article singles out Arnall Golden Gregory's success in advising German companies on establishing operations in the U.S. One conspicuous example of that success is the work done by the Economic Development team in helping Benteler Steel/Tube of Austria and Germany develop its plans to build a $900 million manufacturing plant and create 675 fulltime jobs in Louisiana. Gov. Bobby Jindal announced the project with great fanfare in October 2012. Equally impressive are recent client matters not mentioned in the article:
- Handled all regulatory aspects of Genesis HealthCare's purchase of Sun HealthCare for $215 million, which closed on Dec. 1, 2012.
- Successfully advised a U.S. mining original equipment manufacturer on developing and securing a China-originating supply chain for drilling products; on enhancing the manufacturer's global intellectual property protection; on creating Foreign Corrupt Practices Act compliance programs and policy; and on developing an international product sales and distribution network.
- Represented CryoLife, Inc, a leading biological medical device company and exclusive distributor of an innovative blood-clotting agent used worldwide, in its lawsuit against Medafor, manufacturer of the agent. In the settlement, the defendant paid CryoLife $3.5 million and CryoLife did not have to pay $1.7 million for previous product purchases.
- Assisted the Georgia Department of Community Health with the Health Information Exchange, which allows electronic exchange of Georgia residents' health information.
- Representing two of the most successful freight forwarding companies in Colombia in a pending federal case involving damages that occurred during transit of a highly specialized instrument belonging to one of the most important oil refinery companies in Latin America.
- Advising companies, including customer information aggregators and financial transaction processors, on proper data collection and access, and developing data protection plans and response plans in case a breach occurs.
- Advising global clients with visa and other U.S. entry issues, and providing guidance on E-Verify and I-9 form compliance and background checks.
- Advising employers on Affordable Care Act compliance, including frequent presentations to business groups.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV