May 1, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Arnall Golden Gregory's success in helping clients navigate the choppy waters of
-- and prosper -- has earned it a place on
The National Law Journal's
2013 Midsize Hot List. Only 20 law firms nationwide are selected for that honor.
As the NLJ article indicates,
Arnall Golden Gregory
has excelled in adapting its services to changing market forces, specifically, the
movement of information, goods and people
around the world and the increase in complex regulations and laws. Together those forces present both greater opportunities and greater risks for growing companies that are resource constrained.
In answering those challenges, AGG has added offices, practices and experienced attorneys to provide big-firm services for growing companies without the big-firm cost and complexity. The result is
exceptional client value
Since 2011, the
-based firm has opened offices in
, and beefed up key practices, including
Privacy and Consumer Regulatory
(Consumer Financial Protection Bureau consulting),
Government Investigations and White Collar Crime
Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
Affordable Care Act
Immigration and Global Migration
Global Logistics and Transportation
Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
and Export Controls counsel),
Food and Drug
By expanding its practices AGG also expanded its capabilities to serve key industries, such as
(including financial transaction processors),
(including third party logistics providers).
"The firms we've selected for our Midsize Hot List are led by forward-thinking attorneys who are guiding their organizations in new practice directions, amassing more business in mainstay practices and spreading into new regions," explained National Law Journal Associate Editor
"We are grateful for The National Law Journal recognition because it affirms that clients are best served by attorneys who are both smart and nimble, helping them stay one step ahead of the most relevant issues of the day," said Arnall Golden Gregory Managing Partner Glenn Hendrix. "Investing in offices, practices and people to help businesses grow aligns with our core belief that
providing great value
is the foundation of a long-term relationship."
The brief NLJ article singles out
Arnall Golden Gregory
's success in advising German companies on establishing operations in the U.S. One conspicuous example of that success is the work done by the Economic Development team in helping Benteler Steel/Tube of
develop its plans to build a
manufacturing plant and create 675 fulltime jobs in Louisiana. Gov.
announced the project with great fanfare in
Equally impressive are recent client matters not mentioned in the article:
About Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- Handled all regulatory aspects of Genesis HealthCare's purchase of Sun HealthCare for $215 million, which closed on Dec. 1, 2012.
- Successfully advised a U.S. mining original equipment manufacturer on developing and securing a China-originating supply chain for drilling products; on enhancing the manufacturer's global intellectual property protection; on creating Foreign Corrupt Practices Act compliance programs and policy; and on developing an international product sales and distribution network.
- Represented CryoLife, Inc, a leading biological medical device company and exclusive distributor of an innovative blood-clotting agent used worldwide, in its lawsuit against Medafor, manufacturer of the agent. In the settlement, the defendant paid CryoLife $3.5 million and CryoLife did not have to pay $1.7 million for previous product purchases.
- Assisted the Georgia Department of Community Health with the Health Information Exchange, which allows electronic exchange of Georgia residents' health information.
- Representing two of the most successful freight forwarding companies in Colombia in a pending federal case involving damages that occurred during transit of a highly specialized instrument belonging to one of the most important oil refinery companies in Latin America.
- Advising companies, including customer information aggregators and financial transaction processors, on proper data collection and access, and developing data protection plans and response plans in case a breach occurs.
- Advising global clients with visa and other U.S. entry issues, and providing guidance on E-Verify and I-9 form compliance and background checks.
- Advising employers on Affordable Care Act compliance, including frequent presentations to business groups.