CANTON, Mass., May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Baskin-Robbins, the world's largest chain of ice cream specialty shops, today announced a special line-up of new menu items for the month of May. Available now at participating Baskin-Robbins locations nationwide, the featured menu items include:
- Blueberry Shortbread Ice Cream: The May Flavor of the Month features shortbread and blueberry-flavored ice cream with a tasty and textured lemon shortbread cookie swirl.
- Mixed Berry Waffle Cone: This new waffle cone option features a delicious mixed-berry flavor.
- Blueberry Shortbread Milkshake: A delectable milkshake made with Blueberry Shortbread ice cream, milk and simple syrup.
- Berry Waffle Crunch 31 Degrees Below®: Features smooth and creamy Baskin-Robbins vanilla soft serve blended with strawberry topping and crunchy Mixed Berry Waffle Cone pieces.
- Coke® Float: This refreshing, creamy beverage is made with Baskin-Robbins' vanilla ice cream or soft serve and ice cold Coca-Cola®.
"With the weather warming up, we're excited to offer our guests a special line-up of menu items that celebrate the flavors of the season," said Stan Frankenthaler, Baskin-Robbins Executive Chef and Vice President of Product Innovation at Dunkin' Brands. "Our Blueberry Shortbread ice cream served in a Mixed Berry Waffle Cone combine the refreshing flavors of spring into one delicious frozen treat. We're also thrilled to add the Coke® Float, a classic ice cream parlor treat, to our menu this month."
In participating Baskin-Robbins shops nationwide in May, Blueberry Shortbread ice cream is available by the scoop – in a cup or in a Mixed Berry Waffle Cone – or as a Milkshake. The flavor is also available in fresh-packed pints and quarts, so ice cream lovers can bring this delicious flavor home to enjoy with family and friends or to create their own specialty ice cream desserts.* The new Coke® Float will be available at participating Baskin-Robbins locations nationwide for the months of May and June.