CHICAGO, May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines is announcing its 2014 United Adventure Bear program for customers and co-workers to lift the spirits of children in need. United designed a new, limited-edition GUND® teddy bear to be delivered by pilots, flight attendants and other airline employees to children across the globe. The new bear's name, Rhonda Globe, was chosen in a contest in which more than 800 United co-workers submitted ideas for the 2014 teddy bear.
"Each year we are overwhelmed by the response from our generous customers and co-workers who participate in this beloved bear program," said Mark Anderson, United's senior vice president of corporate and government affairs. "This year we're especially excited to introduce this new program that extends the opportunities to brighten a child's day to our customers and co-workers not just in the U.S., but all over the world."
From May 1 through June 30, 2013, United is inviting customers and co-workers from around the globe to participate in the program in one of two ways:
- Make a $50 'Give a Bear, Get a Bear' contribution, in which a donor will receive their own limited-edition 2014 Adventure Bear (delivered in December 2013), send a second bear to a child in need and make a contribution to the program through the United Airlines Foundation.
- Make a 100 percent tax-deductible contribution to the United Airlines Foundation in support of the Adventure Bear Program.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts