Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters are looking for the social network to report revenue of $1.44 billion and earnings of 13 cents a share.
Facebook was also the most active pre-market Nasdaq stock on share volume of 783,719.
Sourcefire (FIRE) was an even bigger gainer, rising 12.52% to $53.74 despite posting weaker-than-expected first-quarter results on Tuesday. Despite federal government weakness, however, the security specialist noted solid growth in its commercial business, both in the U.S. and overseas."We believe that on the whole the quarter reflects a continued solid fundamental outlook for Sourcefire with the company benefiting from share gains, distribution expansion, and product cycle benefits," wrote Todd Weller, an analyst at Stifel Nicolaus, in a note released on Wednesday. Weller reiterated his "buy" rating for Sourcefire. Sirius XM (SIRI) shares dipped 0.62% to $3.23, although the Internet radio specialist was another active Nasdaq stock on share volume of 718,984. Shares of Apple (AAPL), which has made a major debt offering, crept up 0.14% to $443.41. Vodafone (VOD) rose 0.33% to $30.69 while BlackBerry (BBRY) gained 0.61% to $16.39. TheStreet will be live-blogging Facebook's earnings, starting at 3.45PM ET: -- Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV