HOUSTON, May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin has been awarded a $166.8 million contract option from NASA for facilities development and operations at Johnson Space Center that support human spaceflight.
The one-year contract extension exercised by NASA extends the period of performance through Sept. 30, 2014 and brings the total contract value to $1 billion.
Under the contract, Lockheed Martin provides support for the hardware, software, data and display systems used to train for and execute all human spaceflight missions supported by the Mission Operations Directorate. The contract provides systems services support within the Christopher C. Kraft Jr. Mission Control Center and the Jake Garn Mission Simulator and Training Facility, and at various backup control centers."For more than 50 years, Lockheed Martin has provided mission operations support to NASA, which includes support for every space shuttle and International Space Station mission," said Rick Hieb, vice president of exploration and mission support for Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions. Lockheed Martin is currently working with NASA to update the Mission Control Center, training facilities and software applications for the next generation of human spaceflight including commercial space services and future exploration programs. The update will reduce operations and maintenance costs and is expected to be completed in 2014. Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 118,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration, and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products, and services. The Corporation's net sales for 2012 were $47.2 billion. For additional information, visit our website: http://www.lockheedmartin.com SOURCE Lockheed Martin
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV