WALLDORF, Germany, May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced expansions to the SAP® for Aerospace & Defense (SAP for A&D) solution portfolio. Integration with the SAP HANA® platform, enterprise mobile apps, analytics solutions and SAP® 3D Visual Enterprise applications support manufacturing processes and help original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) transform their aftermarket services business.
"Aftermarket services typically offer higher profit margins than the sale of capital equipment and therefore OEMs are increasingly looking for ways to tap into this potential," said Christopher MacLuckie, solution manager, Aerospace and Defense Business Unit, SAP Labs. "However, the competition in this space is fierce, so providing superior customer service can be a huge differentiator. By integrating the latest technology into their aftermarket service processes, OEMs gain real-time insights into customer information and equipment status, enabling them to respond faster and improve service levels."
SAP helps A&D OEMs win in the aftermarket by:
- Improving customer service: Using the SAP® 360 Customer solution powered by SAP HANA, OEMs can take advantage of the latest customer relationship management functionality combined with in-memory technology to make sense of "big data." They can solve customer issues faster and smarter, ultimately streamlining service operations. In addition, SAP partner HCL delivers iMRO, a maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) solution endorsed by SAP and an add-on to the SAP® Enterprise Asset Management (SAP EAM) solution. Complementing each other, iMRO and SAP EAM provide end-to-end support for the repair services business, from planning and engineering to work scoping and execution. Companies benefit through higher asset utilization and fewer un-forecasted flight schedule interruptions.
- Increasing productivity: SAP technology in enterprise mobility and visualization can help OEMs reach a new level of operational efficiency by supporting process workers with real-time, contextual data that leverages the latest advances in 3-D visualization. Customer service activities supported by 3-D visual aids can improve understanding and help ensure consistency. In maintenance operations, for example, giving 3-D animated work instructions to technicians allows them to perform repair procedures with speed and accuracy, helping reduce turnaround times and improve asset availability.
- Improving equipment utilization: SAP® Predictive Analysis software combines predictive functions with the in-memory technology of SAP HANA, enabling OEMs to mine and analyze their maintenance data easily and quickly. This allows them to better anticipate potential equipment failures and drive more strategic planning of maintenance operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV