NEW YORK, May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In a new nationwide survey conducted by TheStreet's (NASDAQ: TST) MainStreet.com site and GfK 1 44% of Americans are concerned about losing their jobs. Initiatives, such as the Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act, aimed at launching new businesses which could in theory offer employment opportunities, hasn't had much impact yet.
"The underlying rationale behind the JOBS Act — as long as it doesn't get screwed up — is incredibly powerful and necessary for our country right now," says Ryan Feit, the co-founder and CEO of SeedInvest. "Innovation and jobs are at stake with the JOBS Act. The fact that it's taking so long is frustrating, but it's not a secret that raising capital is an antiquated process."Survey findings:
- Just over 30% of respondents were aware of the JOBS Act; of that group more than 60% didn't feel the JOBS Act had created employment opportunities in their region
- 36% of Western region respondents felt unemployment had dropped in their area followed by the Midwest (34%); South (31%) and Northeast (30%)
- 27% of Americans were not confident they could find work if they lost their jobs today
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV