OWINGS MILLS, Md., May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Medifast, Inc. (NYSE: MED), a leading United States manufacturer and provider of clinically proven, portion-controlled weight-loss products and programs, announces the launch of new online and social media initiatives and proclaims May 1 st Medifast 5&1 Day. Medifast's new Backyard BBQ Package, a revamped Medifast Community Page, and the introduction of the MyMedifast recipe section will all play significant roles in further supporting Medifast's popular 5 & 1 Plan ®.
To share the success of The Medifast 5 & 1 Plan®, which consists of five Medifast meals and one Lean & Green™ Meal, Medifast will start an annual tradition to deem May 1 st Medifast 5 & 1 Day. For the kick off, Medifast is pleased to introduce new, user-friendly website enhancements and social media tools to help clients on their weight-loss journey.
"We are excited to celebrate Medifast 5&1 Day by adding more support tools and opportunities for our clients to interact across our online and social sites," said Brian Kagen, Medifast's Executive Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer.The new 5&1 Day features will be available starting Wednesday, May 1, and will include:
- Backyard BBQ Package: This specially priced summer savings package puts a new spin on traditional cookout favorites and contains Medifast's new Fajita Seasoning Mix with a fajita hamburger and fresh salsa recipe, Brown Gravy Mix with a recipe for savory summer lamb kabobs, Macaroni & Cheese, and Chocolate Mint Soft Serve Ice Cream.
- 5&1 Day Video: The video will be released via social media on Wednesday, announcing a Backyard BBQ Package sweepstakes for all Medifast customers.
- MyMedifast.com Recipe Section: Medifast launches its new recipe section on the MyMedifast/MyTSFL community. This section provides numerous Lean &Green™ Meal options and alternative Medifast Meal preparations, all approved by the Nutrition and Wellness team. The recipe section will also enable community members to share recipes with other members.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV