EMERYVILLE, Calif., May 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Jamba Juice Company (Nasdaq:JMBA) the leading healthy, active lifestyle brand, will be honored on May 4 th as Corporate Citizen of the Year 2013 by the Bay Area Leadership Foundation (BALF) during the organization's 12 th annual black tie benefit. BALF helps underserved high school students achieve success in high school, college and beyond.
Jamba Juice joins an impressive list of previous 'Corporate Citizen of the Year' organizations honored by BALF including Peet's Coffee & Tea; Chevron; Kaiser Permanente; NUMMI and KB Home.
Bruce Schroder, executive vice president and COO of Jamba Juice will accept the award on behalf of Jamba Juice in recognition of the company's commitment and support of schools and communities across the Bay Area. At last year's event, BALF raised more than $127,000 to support its college access fund and high school mentoring program for low-income, high-potential students in the Bay Area."We are honored to recognize Jamba Juice as the Foundation's Corporate Citizen of the Year, " said James Seay, chairman of the board for the Bay Area Leadership Foundation. "As a company based in the Bay Area they have dedicated themselves to giving back to young people in the community through their jobs program, healthy living campaigns and grants." For more than 20 years Emeryville-based Jamba Juice has been dedicated to its mission of inspiring and simplifying healthy living. Jamba Juice is proud to work with numerous nonprofit organizations in the Bay Area, including the Treasure Island Job Corps and the United Way, through their National Hiring Day summer jobs initiative for disadvantaged youth. Jamba also works in partnership with Junior Achievement and McClymonds High School in Oakland on the "Be an Entrepreneur" program and supports local schools through fundraising and school lunch programs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV