WEST PALM BEACH, Fla., May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FTI Consulting, Inc. (NYSE: FCN), the global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance their enterprise value, today announced that Compass Lexecon, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of FTI Consulting, Inc., has acquired Princeton Economics Group, a prominent economic consulting firm based in Princeton, N.J. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Formed in 1989, Princeton Economics Group provides economic research, data analysis and expert testimony to law firms and corporations involved in antitrust cases and other types of commercial litigation. The acquisition will add 10 professionals and will further enhance the industry-leading capacity of the firm's Economic Consulting practice.
As part of the transaction, the following world-renowned economists will join the Compass Lexecon team:
- Peter Bronsteen, Ph.D., will become an Executive Vice President at Compass Lexecon. Bronsteen is the Founder and President of Princeton Economics Group and is recognized as one of the nation's top competition economists.
- Kenneth G. Elzinga, Ph.D., will become an affiliate of Compass Lexecon and will serve as a Senior Consultant. Elzinga is, and will continue to be, the Robert C. Taylor Professor of Economics at the University of Virginia.
- John P. Bigelow, Ph.D., will become an Executive Vice President at Compass Lexecon. Bigelow previously taught at Yale University, among other academic institutions. He brings extensive experience analyzing antitrust and intellectual property matters and has served as an expert witness on various litigation matters.
"We have worked extensively with Princeton Economics Group over the years on a variety of high-profile antitrust matters. As a result, this transaction is a marriage of two organizations that share the same values and commitment to cutting-edge economic analyses," said Jon Orszag, Senior Managing Director of Compass Lexecon. "We are thrilled to welcome such an elite group of renowned economists to our team, and we look forward to working with each of them."Bronsteen added, "I have known key members of the Compass Lexecon team for more than 20 years. I cannot think of a better home for Princeton Economics Group. We hope our expertise on antitrust and other commercial litigations deepens Compass Lexecon's already top-notch team."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts