MOD-PAC CORP. Reports Revenue Of $14.4 Million In The 2013 First Quarter
- First quarter product sales increased 4.8% to 14.3 million; Custom folding carton sales up 7.6% to $11.2 million
- Gross margin expanded 540 basis points to 18.3% in the first quarter on improved leverage and continued cost control
- Achieved quarterly net income of $0.3 million, a measurable improvement from a net loss of $0.1 million in prior-year period
- Generated $0.8 million in cash from operating activities during the first quarter of 2013
BUFFALO, N.Y., May 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MOD-PAC CORP. (Nasdaq:MPAC) (the "Company"), a high value-added, on-demand print services firm that designs and manufactures custom and stock folding cartons, today announced financial results for its first quarter of 2013 ended March 30, 2013.
Revenue increased $0.6 million, or 4.5%, to $14.4 million in the first quarter from $13.8 million in the prior-year period on solid custom folding carton sales. The Company realized net income of $0.3 million, or $0.09 per diluted share, for the first quarter of 2013, an improvement from a net loss of $0.1 million, or $0.04 per diluted share, in the 2012 first quarter, reflecting leverage on higher sales and continued cost control.
Daniel G. Keane, President and CEO, commented, "We realized measurable growth in our core business, custom folding cartons, by capturing additional market share from existing customers. We also achieved margin expansion and an improved bottom-line as a result of our efforts to improve the leverage within the business."Product Line Sales Review: Custom Folding Carton Growth Offsets Lower Stock Packaging and Personalized Print Sales
- Sales of custom folding cartons increased $0.8 million, or 7.6%, to $11.2 million from $10.4 million in the first quarter of 2012. The increase was primarily due to market share gains by capturing new product lines from several existing customers.
- Stock packaging sales were $2.6 million during the three months of 2013, a slight decrease from $2.7 million in the first quarter of 2012.
- First quarter personalized print sales were $0.6 million consistent with the prior-year period.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts