Amidst Employment Anxiety, Are the JOBS Act Haters Justified?
"With very little or no guidance, people are not willing to step out and try to raise capital under this bill when they do not know the rules, so very little activity has taken place," said Willey of CBIZ MHM. "Until we know what the rules are we are not in a position to judge whether the JOBS Act will work. The fear is that the regulations will be so restrictive that the law will be rendered useless in raising capital."
The sluggish headway on the JOBS Act implementation is not helped by the anxiety still persisting in the economy: almost half (44%) of Americans are concerned about losing their job, according to the GfK survey. Still more than half of Americans are confident they could find employment if fired, with 38% expressing they are very confident and 31% saying they're somewhat confident--a number that would surely go up if the SEC lets job-creators tap into some crowd-sourced capital from unaccredited investors, Commissioner White-willing, of course.
Also see: The Largest "New" Jobs in America
About the SurveyResults contained in this report are based on a survey conducted by TheStreet and GfK Roper Public Affairs & Corporate Communications. Telephone interviews were conducted from April 19-21, 2013 among a total of 1,006 adult Americans. The margin of error for this study is +/- 3 percentage points for the sample.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV