NEWTON, Mass., May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TripAdvisor®, the world's largest travel site*, today announced its newly redesigned mobile app for all major platforms and mobile web, revealing a more refined interface with larger photos and new features to further inspire and engage its mobile community in all phases of their travel experience.
Other New App Features:
- Mobile users can now add a hotel, restaurant or attraction not yet listed on TripAdvisor to provide an immediate review on their experience.
- Travelers can easily switch currency displays when traveling abroad, making for a more personalized mobile experience.
- Mobile web users with iOS 6 or higher and Android 2.2 or higher can view and share videos of their travels, to provide more visual details of a hotel room, restaurant, or attraction.
"We are constantly enhancing our mobile experience for travelers worldwide, giving millions access to trusted TripAdvisor travel content at their fingertips," said Adam Medros, vice president of global product for TripAdvisor. "As one of the top travel apps in the industry, the newly redesigned interface and features will provide users with clean and simple navigation, together with the ease of viewing and sharing photos and videos on-the-go."With nearly 30 million downloads to date, the TripAdvisor mobile app has already helped millions of travelers plan and have the perfect trip. The free app is available in 20 languages on all major mobile platforms. To download the re-designed app, please visit the iTunes App Store or Google Play. About TripAdvisor TripAdvisor is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to plan and have the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers trusted advice from real travelers and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features with seamless links to booking tools. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, with more than 200 million unique monthly visitors**, and over 100 million reviews and opinions. The sites operate in 30 countries worldwide, including China under daodao.com. TripAdvisor also includes TripAdvisor for Business, a dedicated division that provides the tourism industry access to millions of monthly TripAdvisor visitors. TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) manages and operates websites under 20 other travel media brands: www.airfarewatchdog.com, www.bookingbuddy.com, www.cruisecritic.com, www.everytrail.com, www.familyvacationcritic.com, www.flipkey.com, www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.holidaywatchdog.com, www.independenttraveler.com, www.jetsetter.com, www.onetime.com, www.seatguru.com, www.sniqueaway.com, www.smartertravel.com, www.tingo.com, www.travel-library.com, www.travelpod.com, www.virtualtourist.com, www.whereivebeen.com, and www.kuxun.cn. *Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, worldwide, January 2013 **Source: Google Analytics, worldwide data, March 2013 ©2013 TripAdvisor, Inc. All rights reserved.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV