9. -- MasterCard (MA) is expected by analysts on Wednesday to post first-quarter earnings of $6.18 a share on revenue of $1.93 billion.
10. -- Comcast (CMCSA), the nation's largest cable company, said first-quarter net income rose 17%, powered by continued strong results from its cable operations.
Comcast posted earnings of $1.44 billion, or 54 cents a share, in the first quarter, up from $1.22 billion, or 45 cents a share, in the year-earlier period.Analysts were expecting earnings of 50 cents a share.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV