Wood Group PSN Appoints New CFO
ABERDEEN, Scotland, May 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Wood Group PSN (WGPSN) has appointed a new chief financial officer (CFO). David Kemp joins Wood Group's largest division from Trapoil, an independent E&P company where he was financial director. He replaces Duncan Skinner, who is retiring from the industry.
Born in Thurso, in the Scottish Highlands, Mr Kemp is a chartered accountant who started his career with Price Waterhouse (now PwC) in 1992. This preceded a decade with Amerada Hess in roles spanning operations, finance, commercial and planning in the UK. Following this he led Simmons Co International's exploration and production (E&P) team in Aberdeen, before taking up the role of CFO North Sea and Canada for Technip S.A.
In 2008 he founded Trapoil, alongside three other directors. He held the role of non-executive chairman for more than three years. In March 2011, when Trapoil floated on AIM, raising £60million (GBP), Mr Kemp became financial director. He was responsible for leading the acquisition of Reach Oil and Gas, interests in the Athena field, and Knockinnon, Orchid and Trent East discoveries. During this time, the company also drilled four wells, making two discoveries.As CFO of WGPSN's global business, Mr Kemp, an Aberdeen University graduate, is responsible for all aspects of the company's finance, administration, commercial, IT, real estate and legal services. His appointment was effective April 15, 2013. He reports directly to WGPSN's chief executive, Robin Watson. Speaking about this appointment, Mr Watson said: "David's operations and financial experience in managing large oil & gas portfolios, coupled with his entrepreneurial knowledge of the global trade and acquisitions market, makes him a highly skilled and respected financial professional.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV