CHARLOTTE, N.C., April 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Duke-American Transmission today completed its previously announced purchase from Atlantic Power of 72 percent of the capacity of Path 15 – an 84-mile, 500-kilovolt transmission line in central California.
The nine-year-old line connects the state's northern and southern transmission grids, playing a key role in maintaining statewide electric system reliability and market efficiency.
Pacific Gas & Electric owns 18 percent of the line's capacity through its ownership and operation of the connecting Los Banos and Gates substations.
The remaining 10 percent is owned by Western Area Power Administration, which will continue to operate and maintain the line.Duke-American Transmission is a joint venture between Duke Energy (NYSE: DUK) and American Transmission, formed in 2011 to plan and develop strategic transmission projects across the U.S. and Canada. For more information, visit: www.datcllc.com American Transmission media contact: Anne Spaltholz, 855-770-3282 Duke Energy media contact: Dave Scanzoni, 704-382-2543 or 800-559-3853 SOURCE Duke-American Transmission Co.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV