SEATTLE, April 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sound Financial Bancorp, Inc. (the "Company") (Nasdaq:SFBC), holding company for Sound Community Bank (the "Bank"), today reported net income for the quarter ended March 31, 2013 of $798,000, or $0.30 per diluted share, compared to net income of $546,000, or $0.21 per diluted share, for the quarter ended March 31, 2012. Annualized return on average assets was 0.81% for the quarter ended March 31, 2013 compared to 0.64% for the quarter ended March 31, 2012. Total assets increased to $390.7 million as of March 31, 2013 compared to $381.0 million as of December 31, 2012 as net loans increased by $12.3 million or 3.8% to $334.8 million.
This is the thirteenth consecutive quarter of positive earnings for the Company.
Highlights as of and for the quarter ended March 31, 2013 include:
- The Bank opened a loan production office in the Madison Park neighborhood of Seattle to originate Fannie Mae conforming and jumbo portfolio residential real estate loans - Provision for loan losses decreased to $250,000 for the quarter ended March 31, 2013 from $1.5 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2012 - Losses and expenses related to other real estate owned increased to $674,000 for the quarter ended March 31, 2013 from $469,000 for the quarter ended March 31, 2012 - Non-performing loans to total loans declined to 0.63% as of March 31, 2013 compared to 1.20% as of December 31, 2012 as total non-performing loans decreased by $1.8 million or 45.7% to $2.1 million at March 31, 2013 from $3.9 million at December 31, 2012 - Non-performing assets to total assets decreased to 1.17% as of March 31, 2013 compared to 1.68% as of December 31, 2012 as non-performing assets decreased by $1.8 million or 28.6% to $4.6 million at March 31, 2013 from $6.4 million at December 31, 2012Stock quotes in this article: SFBC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV