- Adjusted Net Income Per Share* Increased 48.4% to $0.08 - - Refinances Credit Facility and Increases Share Repurchase Authorization by 10 Million Shares -
SPARTANBURG, S.C., April 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Denny's Corporation (Nasdaq:DENN), franchisor and operator of one of America's largest franchised full-service restaurant chains, today reported results for its first quarter ended March 27, 2013.
First Quarter Summary
- System-wide same-store sales decreased 0.7%, comprised of a 0.5% decrease at domestic franchised restaurants and a 1.5% decrease at company restaurants, with a 1.7% increase in system-wide same-store sales on a two-year basis.
- Opened seven new franchised restaurants and closed six franchised restaurants bringing total restaurant count to 1,689.
- Net Income of $7.1 million, or $0.07 per diluted share, grew 20.7% compared with the prior year quarter Net Income of $5.9 million, or $0.06 per diluted share.
- Adjusted Net Income per Share* of $0.08 grew 48.4% compared with the prior year quarter Adjusted Net Income per Share* of $0.05.
- Generated $12.6 million of Free Cash Flow* used to reduce outstanding term loan debt by $4.0 million and repurchase 341,100 shares for $1.9 million.
- Refinanced credit facility providing lower interest costs and increased flexibility for the Company to continue to return cash to shareholders.
- Authorized additional 10 million shares for ongoing share repurchase program bringing the total number of shares remaining in the outstanding programs to 12.4 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV