Gold for June delivery at the COMEX division of the CME was gaining $6 to $1,473.40 an ounce. The gold price traded as high as $1,479.50 and as low as $1,460.50 an ounce, while the spot price was slipping $2.10, according to Kitco's gold index.
"Ahead of the Fed meeting I think everybody's going to stay somewhat neutral; I don't expect any major changes one way or another," said Tom Power, senior commodities broker at RJO Futures. "It's just relatively flat ahead of the announcement and ... everybody's just looking for direction."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV