3. As of noon trading, MBIA ( MBI) is down $0.50 (-5.0%) to $9.36 on heavy volume Thus far, 6.4 million shares of MBIA exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $8.97-$9.71 after having opened the day at $9.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $9.85. MBIA Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides financial guarantee insurance and related reinsurance, advisory, and portfolio services for the public and structured finance markets; and asset management advisory services in the United States and internationally. MBIA has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 1.7, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 31.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates MBIA as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet. Get the full MBIA Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts