2. As of noon trading, Kansas City Southern ( KSU) is up $0.66 (0.61) to $108.30 on average volume Thus far, 446,313 shares of Kansas City Southern exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 906,900 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $106.62-$108.56 after having opened the day at $107.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $107.64. Kansas City Southern, through its subsidiaries, engages in the freight rail transportation business. Kansas City Southern has a market cap of $11.8 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 29.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 27.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Kansas City Southern as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Get the full Kansas City Southern Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts