3. As of noon trading, Staples ( SPLS) is up $0.24 (1.86) to $13.16 on average volume Thus far, 7.7 million shares of Staples exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $12.83-$13.25 after having opened the day at $12.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.92. Staples, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an office products company. It operates in three segments: North American Stores & Online, North American Commercial, and International Operations. Staples has a market cap of $8.6 billion and is part of the specialty retail industry. Shares are up 13.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Staples as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Get the full Staples Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts