2. As of noon trading, Occidental Petroleum Corporation ( OXY) is up $1.02 (1.16) to $88.88 on heavy volume Thus far, 4.9 million shares of Occidental Petroleum Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $88.18-$89.89 after having opened the day at $88.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $87.86. Occidental Petroleum Corporation engages in the exploration and production of oil and gas properties in the United States and internationally. The company operates in three segments: Oil and Gas; Chemical; and Midstream, Marketing and Other. Occidental Petroleum Corporation has a market cap of $68.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.7, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 13.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Occidental Petroleum Corporation as a buy. Among the primary strengths of the company is its expanding profit margins over time. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Occidental Petroleum Corporation Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts