4. As of noon trading, Suncor Energy ( SU) is up $1.66 (5.67) to $30.93 on heavy volume Thus far, 6.7 million shares of Suncor Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $29.95-$31.16 after having opened the day at $30.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.27. Suncor Energy Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an integrated energy company. Suncor Energy has a market cap of $44.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.1, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 12.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Suncor Energy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and deteriorating net income. Get the full Suncor Energy Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts