"To move this effort forward, I wrote to 50 CEOs in the U.S. to urge them to make hiring commitments of their own. And I'm proud that 43 of those companies joined us in March for a working meeting at the White House. I'd like to thank the Joining Forces Initiative, which has been a great partner in creating awareness and building momentum.
"I can also share today that we're working with several other companies to create a talent exchange that will help veterans find the most appropriate job openings for them – no matter where they apply. We want to offer veterans the best range of opportunities across different industries and occupations should they need it.
"Through their service, veterans give us a land of freedom. I believe it's our responsibility to give them a land of possibility when they return."
For more information about Walmart's Veterans Welcome Home Commitment please visit: www.walmartcareerswithamission.com/About Walmart Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 245 million customers and members visit our more than 10,800 stores under 69 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 10 countries. With fiscal year 2013 sales of approximately $466 billion, Walmart employs more than 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmartnewsroom. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com. Reporter form link http://news.walmart.com/reporter SOURCE Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV