BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- It's a good time to be a stock investor. After yesterday's 0.72% climb in the S&P 500, the big index is back within grabbing distance of the 1,600 level -- a big round-number price for the S&P that carries some psychological significance right now.
For the scores of investors sitting on the sidelines right now, a move through 1,600 would be a good reminder that they're not getting a 12% return from their money market funds this year. And that kick in the pants is exactly what Mr. Market needs to dish out if this rally is going to accelerate into 2013.
In the meantime, sector leaders are continuing to lead right now -- and real estate investment trusts, or REITs, are starting to resume their rallies this spring. Today, we'll take a technical look at how to trade them.For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. So without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now. >>5 Stocks Poised for Big Breakouts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV