ATLANTA, April 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SunTrust Banks, Inc. (NYSE: STI) Chairman and Chief Executive Officer William H. Rogers, Jr. announced that Frank P. Scruggs, Jr. has been elected to SunTrust's Board of Directors. He was elected at the company's annual meeting of shareholders.
"We welcome Frank to the SunTrust Board and look forward to benefiting from his extensive governmental, legal and regulatory affairs experiences and perspectives," said Mr. Rogers.
Mr. Scruggs, 61, has been a partner in the Florida business law firm Berger Singerman LLP since 2007. Prior to that, he was Executive Vice President for Office Depot, Inc., and a shareholder of the law firm Greenberg Traurig LLC. He previously served as Florida Secretary of Labor and Employment Security, and served on the board of directors of Office Depot, Inc.
SunTrust Banks, Inc., headquartered in Atlanta, is one of the nation's largest banking organizations, serving a broad range of consumer, commercial, corporate and institutional clients. As of March 31, 2013, SunTrust had total assets of $172.4 billion and total deposits of $129.9 billion. Through its flagship subsidiary, SunTrust Bank, the Company operates an extensive branch and ATM network throughout the high-growth Southeast and Mid-Atlantic states and a full array of technology-based, 24-hour delivery channels. The Company also serves clients in selected markets nationally. Its primary businesses include deposit, credit, trust and investment services. Through various subsidiaries the Company provides mortgage banking, asset management, securities brokerage, and capital market services. SunTrust's Internet address is suntrust.com.SOURCE SunTrust Banks, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV