Those interested in owning a gun legally would still be able to do so and would, perhaps, be persuaded to take greater care to prevent those weapons from being misused. Those who should never own a gun, those who misunderstand the danger that owning a gun poses or who would seek one with intent to harm, would find fewer easy opportunities to do so.
The gun industry would have to make adjustments, but given that a broad market for guns would still exist, dedicated manufacturers like Smith & Wesson (SWHC) and Sturm, Ruger (RGR) should be fine. More diversified retailers that happen to sell guns, like Wal-Mart (WMT) and Cabela's ( CAB), will barely feel the pinch.
I'll say it again: Change the culture. It can be done and it should be done.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV