As Facebook entrenches itself as a mobile company, the company is releasing more and more products to spur revenue growth from this portion of advertising revenue. Facebook Home, which was recently announced, is one such announcement. The app was designed to increase engagement, and ultimately ads will come to the product, which is available on select Android devices. Products such as Facebook Home and a revamped News Feed, designed to show off brighter and bigger stories, are examples of innovation from the social network designed to stimulate the user experience, and ultimately, revenue growth.
Topeka Capital Markets analyst Victor Anthony believes usage worries, which were recently outlayed by comScore, as well as Facebook itself, seem overblown. "We saw that Facebook remains in favor with teenagers, and is used along with other platforms," Anthony wrote in his research note. "Separately, we believe that Facebook will exceed the consensus revenue estimates on strength in model advertising . . ." Anthony rates Facebook shares "buy" with a $40 price target.
With mobile playing an enormous role in Facebook's future, the pressure is on the company to keep delivering growth, and show investors that it's able to generate serious cash from mobile. If it's able to demonstrate this, Facebook could have Wall Street "liking" it for the first time in quite a while.
--Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York>Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV