FAIRFAX, Va., April 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- General Dynamics (NYSE: GD) has been awarded a contract by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services' Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to support the Beneficiary Eligibility Suite of Systems Transactions (BESST) program. The BESST systems maintain Medicare beneficiary eligibility information and support critical components of CMS's core healthcare mission. This contract has a potential value of $19.9 million over five years.
Under this contract, General Dynamics will help maintain and enhance BESST systems. The company will create and maintain critical links between new and existing CMS systems as well as implement software enhancements. Additionally, General Dynamics' experts will provide program management, documentation and training services and support special projects for the HIPAA Eligibility Transaction System. Work will be performed in the Baltimore, Md., area.
"The systems maintained by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services are critical to ensuring beneficiaries receive accurate and efficient services," said Marcus Collier, senior vice president of General Dynamics Information Technology's Health and Civilian Solutions division. "General Dynamics supports CMS on many of its core programs and we will leverage this experience to bring additional value to the BESST program."
General Dynamics delivers operations and maintenance support for several Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services programs including the Early Retiree Reinsurance Program (ERRP), Retiree Drug Subsidy (RDS) program and the ViPS Medicare System (VMS).For more information about General Dynamics Information Technology, please visit www.gdit.com. SOURCE General Dynamics Information Technology
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV