PORTSMOUTH, N.H., April 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Comcast Business, a unit of Comcast Cable, the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to business and residential customers, today announced that it has made a major network investment to bring its entire portfolio of Ethernet, Internet, Voice and TV services to approximately 250 local businesses located in the Pease International Tradeport in Portsmouth, N.H. This undertaking will further expand Comcast's existing network so it can offer data connectivity options with speeds of up to 10 Gigabits per second (Gbps) alongside innovative cloud-based voice and unified communications solutions.
The Pease International Tradeport sits on a former Air Force base that has grown in recent years to now include its own business park, the Portsmouth International Airport and a 27-hole golf course. Thanks to its convenient location right off Interstate 95, Pease attracts approximately 7,800 full- and part-time employees from communities that stretch from Boston to Manchester, N.H. and Portland, Maine. Businesses at the Tradeport represent a variety of different industries, ranging from financial and professional services to healthcare, technology, and tourism. Pease offers these tenants a variety of amenities, including six restaurants, a bank, a contract U.S. Postal unit, various medical service providers, five institutions of higher learning, and a data backup facility.
One of the challenges that Pease historically faced, however, was in offering an equally impressive list of communications infrastructure choices for its tenants. As the Tradeport grew, an increasing number of onsite businesses asked that Pease look into additional providers to serve their technology needs – with many requesting Comcast Business based on positive experiences in their off-base branches and former office locations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV